Sunday, October 12, 2008
DC Weekend! Nneka Ebubedike
Last weekend was definitely a success and the Marvin Center was truly the place to be. I guess we showed everyone that GW knows how to party. Tropical Riddim and the Golden Explosion had major turnouts and will probably be talked about for weekends to come!
But now as the week is coming to a close I know there’s one question on all of your minds: Where’s the party at? Well people, have no fear because I’m here with an answer. It’s the month of homecomings and since GW is lacking a football team, you’re going to have to do a little bit of wandering off campus.
What’s on Friday night? Bowie State’s official Homecoming party at Fur nightclub. Now I’m sure many of you have heard your good and bad stories about Fur, but this one is looking like it might be a good one. And what better way to get out and meet new people than to explore DC a little bit? It’s only a short cab/metro ride away too, so you won’t be going that far! Ladies free before 12 too, so make sure you get there around 11 so you won’t have to pay to get in! So ladies, bring out those heels and guys, leave the sneakers at home and get ready for a fun night.
Not really feeling the club, but want to take part in a homecoming celebration? Well you’re in luck because Georgetown’s homecoming is also this weekend! They’re hosting a homecoming party on Saturday night in their Hoya Court. Not sure how to get there? Its right on their campus, so just ask around. Oh, and did I mention it’s FREE? That’s right, free. Music, friends and lots of fun for no charge! It’s going to be a good one, people, so make sure you’re there.
I hope that helps many of you finalize your weekend plans. Be sure to get that studying done early, and whatever you decide to do, be safe! I look forward to seeing a lot of you out and about this weekend and remember, I’ll be watching!
Nneka Ebubedike is a sophomore majoring in Biology.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment