More like dorm/apartment parties, but you catch my drift. The past weekend was all about staying on campus and attending the various in-room soirees. They’re a cheap and less stressful alternative to the increasingly expensive DC club scene. No heels, no cab rides, no lines! But be warned, these mini house parties are prime targets of UPD and MPD. One of the major parties of the weekend got busted by UPD as soon as it began to take off (and yes, they were taking down names and Gwids). I know no one wants to deal with SJS warnings for excessive noise complaints or underage drinking in their mailboxes, so be cautious when throwing and/or attending dorm parties!In other news: looking for something wild to do this Thursday? Well you’re in luck because Mai Thai Thursdays are BACK! For all of you incoming freshman who never heard of it, let me just tell you now, it used to be the spot. The music is good, the lighting is perfect, the people are attractive, and the dance floor is perfect for some “comfortably-close” dancing. Another plus: it’s 4ride accessible! So ladies, get out your best freakum dresses and gentleman, iron those polos and get ready for a great Thursday night.
Still looking for more places to party this weekend? Finished all that weekend homework? Well, I’ve got something for you. Ever heard of 1704? Well if not, then it’s time for you to do some exploring around Georgetown’s campus on Saturday night. This one’s a house party so prepare for loud music and a lot of people. Did I mention it’s thrown by the Georgetown football team? I know you know what that means, ladies. Based on my experience with the last 1704 party, I suggest you get there early (which means before the clock strikes midnight). Want to know where it is? I suggest you to start asking around now!
So get that work done, people! And prepare for some good old fashioned college partying. I hope to see many of you this weekend and remember, I’ll be watching!
Nneka Ebubedike is a sophomore majoring in Biology.
1 comment:
great post--work hard play hard is how u do it!!! ;-)
Post a Comment