
As I sat there watching Notorious, I started remincising. Something kept jumping at me ( besides the fact Diddy aka "Derek Luke" danced every 2 seconds.)
zfgzf
New York rappers made anthems.
fdgfdz
fdgfdz
Simple and plain, not R&B joints, club bangers or hustler's music.
gzfgzf
It was all done in one song.
gfdz
Look at "Juicy," it had it all the story of hustler, a nice R&B flow to it and still could be danced to.
Now I'm not saying all NY rappers had the same style. ( as they do now)
vdvvd
What I'm saying is gone are the times of anthems, that moved people all across America.
sFSDGVf
As I'm watching Biggie perform in Notorious ( and more dancing from Diddy), I noticed how they started a trend for more melodic rap songs. This later sparked into the Super Tag-Team of Puffy and Mase. Look at the songs Mo' Money, Mo' Problems, Feels Good and Been Around the World.
vbzbcvbcx
These were anthems, no matter where you're from, you bumped to it.
dfdfds
Yup, they was a time when East Coast rappers had it all.
sdsf
I was only like 8yrs but I definetly know my anthems when I hear them.
"Ha ! I'm sicker than ya average.....BIGGIE, BIGGIE can't you see"
vZx
-Kwasi
No comments:
Post a Comment